Services in Laajalahti Nature Reserve
Customer Service and Guidance
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
- Café Elfviira at Villa Elfvik is open during weekends when the nature centre is open.
- There are not drinking water points in the nature reserve. Visitors can get water at Villa Elfvik when it is open.
- The outdoors destinations within the nature reserve do not have waste bins. It is the responsibility of each hiker to dispose of waste that accumulates during your trip. Take all waste out of the area to recycling points.
- Read more about Hiking without littering.
- There are no toilets within the nature reserve.
- There are toilets at Villa Elfvik (www.espoo.fi).
- Visitors may not spend the night in the nature reserve.
Services for the Disabled
- There is a 700-m-long nature trail starting at Villa Elfvik which is accessible by wheelchair and baby pram. Elfvik bird watching tower is also accessible by wheelchair.
- There is a toilet in the Villa Elfvik building suitable for the disabled.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- The closest places with centred services are Leppävaara and Tapiola. Shops can be found at Laajalahti, Leppävaara, Otaniemi and Tapiola.
- For information on lodging possibilities in the surrounding area contact Helsinki City (www.hel.fi) and Espoo Town (www.visitespoo.fi) tourist information.
© Metsähallitus 2013