Sipoonkorpi is located within the municipalities of Sipoo, Vantaa and Helsinki about 20 km from the centre of Helsinki.
- Byabäcken in the north part of Sipoonkorpi is located in Hindsby by Länsitie road about 30 km from Helsinki. To get to Byabäcken take Jokivarrentie road (road 1521, Korso - Nikkilä). You can get onto Jokivarrentie from road 140 (Vanha Lahdentie road) or from road 148 (Keravantie). When you get onto Jokivarrentie follow the signs to Hindsby and you will come to Länsitie road. The Hindsbys intersection is about 6 km before Nikkilä. The nature trail’s parking area is about 3 km from this intersection to the right side of the road. You can also get to Byabäcken through Hindsby.
- To get to the southern part of Sipoonkorpi drive through Sotunki in Vantaa. For example when coming from Kehä III take the Hakunila exit and continue north along Hakunilantie road past the sports grounds in Hakunila and then onto Sotungintie road. From there turn left onto Nybyggetintie road. 1,8 km after the previous turn, turn right onto Tasakalliontie road. There is a parking area at the beginning of Tasakalliontie road.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
By Public Transportation
- To Byabäcken River Valley in northern Sipoonkorpi
- Sipoo area buses 1, 3, 4, 5 and 11 travel along road 1521 (Korso - Nikkilä). From the bus stop at the intersection of Länsitie road it is a 3 km hike to the starting point of the nature trail.
- Sipoo area bus 11 travels to Hindsby on weekdays. On school days also buses 14 and 15 go there. From Hindsby it is about a 2 km walk along Läsitie road to the starting point for the nature trail.
- Timetables for Sipoo area buses are available on the municipal website (www.sipoo.fi, in Finnish).
- To Sotunki in southern Sipoonkorpi
- Coach number 742 (Route: Helsinki-Korso) (aikataulut.hsl.fi) travels through Sotunki. Coach 69 (aikataulut.hsl.fi) from Tikkurila in Vantaa goes to Sotunki on weekdays. The bus stop at Kalkkiuunintie road is about 2 km from the starting point for nature trail. Hikers can however get onto the nature trail at an earlier point where the trail crosses Kalkkiuunintie road.
- From Itäkeskus to the southern part of the park: bus lines 93 and 93K (aikataulut.hsl.fi) run to Landbo. From the end of both of these lines you will only have an approximately one kilometre walk to the southern end of the national park.
Starting Points for Excursions
- There are two parking areas (Källängen: Länsitie 152, Sipoo and Byabäcken: Länsitie 237, Sipoo) in Byabäcken in the northern part of Sipoonkorpi. Both function as starting points and are located by Länsitie road.
- There are parking facilities (Knutersintie 421, Sipoo) along Knutersintie Road in the middle of the area in Bakunkärr.
- There is a parking area in Sotunki at the beginning of Tasakalliointie road (Vantaa).
The nature trail at Byabäcken is quite well marked. When following the trail you are unlikely to need a map.
- Terrain maps L413 and L414, 1:50 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and by The National Land Survey of Finland.
- Sipoonkorpi outdoor map 1:15 000, Geodata 2000. The map is out of print. Copies may be borrowed from Helsinki City libraries.
- Sipoonkorpi outdoor map (Kestokartta), 1:20 000, The map is sold by Karttakeskus and by well-stocked bookstores.
- Terrain maps 2043 07 and 08, 1:20 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and by The National Land Survey of Finland.
- Uusimaa tiekartta: Uusimaa Road Map, 1:150 000, 2011. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- GT tiekartta Etelä-Suomi: GT Roadmap Finland South, 2010, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Forest map 1-2, 1:250 000. The map is sold by Outdoors.fi online shop.
Map Sales Points