Pilke House is Metsähallitus’ new activity centre in Rovaniemi. Pilke House Customer Service provides you with Metsähallitus’ products and services. You will also find surprising, forest-themed products at Pilke Shop. Pilke House has a science centre exhibition on the sustainable utilisation of the northern forests.
Entrance to Pilke House Customer Service and the science centre shop is free. There is an admission fee to the science centre exhibition.
- Pilke House is located in the centre of Rovaniemi at the start of Ounasjoentie Road on the western side of Highway E4. The walking distance from the city centre is about 5 - 15 min.
By Public Transportation
- From the city centre or from the crossroads of Highway E4 and main road no. 79, drive onto Lapinkävijäntie Road, from where you turn onto Ounasjoentie Road. There are the following customer parking spaces: 5 spaces (2 h with the parking disc) in front of Pilke House along Ounasjoentie Road, 14 spaces at the end of the house and the entire uppermost floor of the adjacent parking garage.
- Information on Metsähallitus’ products and services.
- Pilke science centre shop.
- Hiking advice and information on the national parks and other Metsähallitus’ areas suitable for hiking, such as the Arctic Circle Hiking Area, Auttiköngäs, the area of Kaihuanvaara and Kivalot and the Martimoaapa Mire Reserve. Hiking maps can also be purchased.
- Reservations for Metsähallitus’s rental cabins.
- Permits for fishing, hunting and snowmobile riding on state-owned land.
- Sales of permits for fetching fire wood or a Christmas tree from the forest.
- The Pilke Science Centre.
Events, What's New?
- A Pilke science centre exhibition is about the sustainable utilisation of the northern forests. The exhibition diversifies the range of exhibitions on northern nature by also introducing the forestry sector, sustainable production, products and goods. The exhibition is inspiring, multisensory and interactive. The aim is to enable the visitors to gain an insight into the topic through their own participation and study. The exhibition is thought-provoking and empowering, and provides a picture of the bright future of the diverse utilisation of the northern forests.
Café and Restaurant Services
- There are slot machines for coffee and snacks in the foyer of Pilke House.
Services for School Groups
Services for the Disabled
- Pilke House is accessible to all. The main door can be accessed by wheelchair, there is a toilet for the disabled on the ground floor, and you can take a lift to the exhibition floor.