Become acquainted with the nature of the Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park and its wide range of hiking possibilities. At Kellokas you will find a Café, Kellokas Gallery, the Ylläs Travel Association and Kolari municipality’s Ylläs tourist information.
There is no entrance fee. Groups should make a reservation in advance. DVD presentations about the Torne River and fell nature are shown hourly.
By Public Transportation
- The closest railway station (www.vr.fi) is in Kolari.
- There are coaches from there to Ylläsjärvi and Äkäslompolo. Timetables (www. matkahuolto.fi).
- The closest airport is in Kittilä. Flight information (www.finnavia.fi). Visitors can travel by taxi from the airport to the Visitor Centre.
- There are signposts to the Visitor Centre from road 9401, which runs between Äkäslompolo and Ylläsjärvi.
- Information on Metsähallitus services and products.
- Information on Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park and hiking possibilities in Fell Lapland.
- We sell maps of surrounding areas, books, local handicrafts and other products.
- Group tours in the exhibitions 50 € / h
Café and restaurant services
- Café and restaurant services.
- Café Soikka, tel. +358 40 838 5121.
Ylläs Tourist Information
- Kolari Municipality's
- Address: Tunturintie 54, 95970 Äkäslompolo, Finland.
Tel. +358 40 550 2424
Ylläs Travel Association
- “Meän elämää” (Our life), the Visitor Centre’s fun and interactive exhibition on the fell villages of Ylläs and life along the Torne River, offers something for all ages.
- Exhibitions and events run by Kellokas Visitor Centre.
Conference and congress facilities
Kellokas offers conference and congress services all year round. If required, the conference package can include café and restaurant services and other activities. Kellokas has an auditorium which seats 134.
- Kellokas Sali, 134 seats: 40 € / h, 200 € / day with internet connection; 25 € / h, 150 € / day without internet connection.
- Väylä, 36 seats: 20 € / h, 100 € / day
- Konttuuri, 18 seats: 10 € / h, 50 € / day
- Kamari, 10 seats: 10 € h, 30 € day
- Aviisi, 6 seats: 10 € h, 30 € day
- Café and restaurant services, Café Soikka, tel. +358 40 838 5121.
- The logging museum situated in the Visitor Centre’s grounds offers the opportunity to become acquainted with the life of a logger. Visitors can access the Varkaankuru nature trail and Ptarmigan’s round in summer from Kellokas’ yard. Also ski trails can be accessed from there.
Services for school groups
- The Visitor Centre’s staff will gladly assist in planning and executing nature education for camp schools and school groups.
Services for the disabled
- All of the Visitor Centre’s facilities and the logging museum are wheelchair accessible with the help of an assistant. A disabled accessible toilet and a lift are located in the building. A short wheelchair trail leads from Kellokas’ yard to a near-by mire.
Read more about our service guarantee.
This is the web page www.outdoors.fi/kellokas.